What personal data we collect and why we collect it
No customer information will be intentionally used or distributed outside of Bentley Organic, and we have a strict policy of not selling customer details to outside marketing agencies.
What information do we collect?
• We collect information required to access our services. This information includes your name, address, telephone number and email address. We treat this information confidentially and only pass this information to our service agents, partners and suppliers. The information is used solely for the purpose of provisioning your service. No payment information is retained by us.
• We collect your details when you leave your feedback about our services. We treat this information confidentially and do not pass your details onto third parties.
Our website, and any other communication by us is family friendly and contains no adult material or anything that may be construed as offensive to children.
Sources of information
Information about you will only include that which you have volunteered about yourself.
Why we need it
The reason for asking you to provide us with your personal data, is to allow us to fulfil our obligations under our contract with you. This will usually be to supply services to you.
The following are some examples of what we may use your information for:
• Identify delivery locations/costs
• Contacting you regarding your orders
• Invoicing you for goods and services that we supply
Who has access to it
We have a data protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data. We will not sell or rent information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Generally, we will only use your information within Bentley Organic. However, there may be circumstances, in providing your services, where we may need to disclose some information to third parties, for example:
• Proving contact details to hauliers
In the event any of your information is shared with third parties to provide your services, we ensure that they comply, strictly and confidentially, without instructions and they do not use your personal information for their own purposes unless you have explicitly consented to them doing so.
There may be some uses of personal data that may require your specific consent. If this is the case we will contact you separately to ask for your consent which you are free to withdraw at any time.
How do we protect your personal data
We recognise that your information is valuable and we take all reasonable measures to protect it whilst it is in our care.
We have exceptional standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personally identifiable data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Similarly, we adopt a high threshold when it comes to confidentiality obligations and both internal and external parties have agreed to protect confidentiality of all information; to ensure all personal data is handled and processed in line with our stringent confidentiality and data protection policies.
We use computer safeguards such as data encryption and we enforce, where possible, physical access controls to our buildings and files to keep data safe.
How long we retain your data
Your personal information will be retained, usually in computer or paper files, only for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which the information was collected; or as required by law; or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you may hold with us. For example:
• As long as necessary to provide sales orders
• As long as necessary to provide marketing assistance
• Retention of invoicing information for a minimum of 7 years after the conclusion or termination of services; in case the information is required by HMRC and or Customs & Excise.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account with us or have had a business transaction with us, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Complaints about the use of personal data
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact Charlotte Hill who will investigate further. Charlotte Hill can be contacted at email@example.com.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).